Emeals Banner

eMeals - Easy Meals for Busy People!

Friday, August 17, 2012

I'm a Quitter...I know ;(

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

So it's been a while.....since I've last blogged. And I thought I would update on a regular basis but it just hasn't happened - geez louise!

I think the last time I blogged I was doing Insanity as my workout. Well, if you know me then you know that I quit after month 1. And I was noticing some great improvement in my legs and arms. But with me, I can't stick with one program for a long time. I had been craving the greatness of TurboFire which lead me to feeling like I HAD to do Insanity. And folks, when you're working out you don't want that feeling of "you HAVE to do it." You want to workout because you love it and what it does for you. Well I wasn't feeling that way so I quit. Just like that...

I told myself that I like change and I like to do different things as my reasoning. That lead me to Jamie Eason's 12 Week LiveFit Trainer. You'll be even more surprised to know that I lasted only 2 weeks on this one. I know, I know - shoot me now!

I would have officially began week 3 yesterday. But folks, let me tell you that during these last 2 weeks I have been pumping iron like you wouldn't believe. I have gone back to the gym and started working out with my hubby and my son. I simply just do whatever routine they are doing when it comes to weight lifting. And let me tell ya...I've been a sore chica for most of these days! But it's a great feeling. I can feel my muscles getting tighter. And they say you have to lift weight in order to lose weight.

So now what?! Well, I'm going to start watching what I eat (I know I say that all the time). But seriously, I have to otherwise I'm just going to end up with some freakin' disease I don't want or become even more overweight. PLUS, I want this belly of mine gone. Of course, I'm not going to be a perfect eater all the time and that's just me being honest. But I will nourish my body with good nutrition the majority of the time.

As for my workouts, I plan to start doing some cardio again (since JE's LiveFit Trainer prohibited it) but my main focus is lifting. I will do some Tone It Up workouts here and there like at lunch or home and then when I meet the guys at the gym we are going hard. I love working out with them because I push myself to lift heavier. I'm sure if I was by myself doing it, I wouldn't be that hard on myself.

I'm going to kick off my new way of thinking with Tone It Up's 5 Day Slim Down - available on their nutrition plan - on Monday, August 20. This gives me the weekend to get my food ready for next week.

I'll share with you each day's eating and workout journey (I PROMISE!).

On another note...I'd like to share my reading interests. Right now I'm reading Fated by Alyson Noel. I'm almost 1/2 way through it and plan to finish by the end of the month. For September, I'm going to pick up PUSH by Chalene Johnson and commit to the 30-day program of learning to set goals and achieving them. If you want to join me on either book venture just let me know!

Oh, I almost forgot...I'm also reading (here and there) a FREE book from Integrative Nutrition titled Feed Your Hunger for Health & Happiness. Health and fitness are my passion so I'm seriously thinking about attending IIN in the Spring to become a Health Coach. 

Ok...enough is enough! I'll shut up for now...

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment