Emeals Banner

eMeals - Easy Meals for Busy People!

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Fitness UPDATE!

I'm all over the place when it comes to my fitness regime. Are you the same way? I'll start something with good intentions of finishing the program whether its 60 days, 90 days, 12 weeks...whatever...but soon after I fall off the wagon because I want to do something else.

Well, you'll be sooo proud of me this time! I started Jamie Eason's LiveFit trainer program. HOWEVER, I must insert that I am not following the nutrition plan nor am I following the workout program to a T. I started it mainly because I wanted to get back in the gymnasio, literally, and build some sexy mama muscles! And let me tell ya...this strength program is no joke. My upper body could literally not function properly for the first week or so. It was ridiculous...but in a good way. So tomorrow starts week 3 and let me tell ya...I haven't gotten bored or wanted to start another program. I'm wondering if it's because I'm forcing myself to get out of my comfort zone (entering the man zone of the gym). But I have equipped myself with "tools" that help me to figure out what I should be doing on what machines. I've made a journal that has my workouts in it (I just simply printed off the workouts from Bodybuilding.com and taped them into a small notebook) and I also downloaded the Bodybuilding.com app to my IPhone. This app shows all the exercises that I'm doing and even have a short video of proper form if you need it. With these two "tools" I have been able to go to the gym ALONE (without hubby or son) and have been able to complete my workouts. Now from time to time I have had to alter an exercise because I couldn't find the right machine or because the machine was taken by someone else. I do have to admit I get a little P.O.'d when there seems to always be someone on the machine I want to use...but I have to remind myself that it's not a big deal and I can still get in a good workout with some slight modifications. Anyhoo....week 3 is now 5 days of training...yippee!

So I mentioned that I was not following her plan to a T and that is because her plan requires NO CARDIO only strength training for the first 4 weeks. I've been doing a 10 minute warmup and anywhere from 10 - 30 minutes of cardio afterwards. I don't recall a day where I've done nothing but cardio so I have cut back on that and I'm ok with it. I have also added in some Tone It Up workouts when I was not feeling like I was getting a total body part worked. I love the Tone It Up girls' ab workouts...they are the BEST! The next day or so after doing one you'll feel like you are wearing a girdle...seriously...that is how much they WERK DEM ABS! ahaha!

And since today is an "off" day for Jamie's program I've decided to do all the Love Your Body workouts 2 times. This whole serious does not miss a beat when it comes to working you. You'll love it! Below are the videos from the series and it's all available on YouTube...








Give one or all of them a try TODAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment