Emeals Banner

eMeals - Easy Meals for Busy People!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Chicken Pot Pie Night!

I love chicken pot pie...I think I've always loved it for it's creamy texture mixed with the flaky crust - ahaha! BUT I used to just buy those $1 microwave single-serve ones at the grocery store. I've never really looked at the ingredients but I'm sure they aren't the best quality. So when I learned how to make my own (at a workshop for learning about freezer cooking) I have made it ever since myself - no more grocery store versions here. I NOW KNOW WHAT IS GOING IN IT! And I can choose my ingredients so that they have less calories and more whole foods. The recipe is super simple, I got it from 30-Day Gourmet.





Sorry I have no finished product pic...we were so hungry and ready to eat it! There are never any leftovers of this at our house. And the best thing about this was that the chicken/veggie mixture is actually enough to make 2 pies. So I freeze 1/2 of it for another day...how great is that?!

Tonight is Carne Asada with brown rice and guacamole.

What are your favorite dishes to make for your family?

TTYL...

No comments:

Post a Comment