Emeals Banner

eMeals - Easy Meals for Busy People!

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Book Updates!

So, I've got a couple of books that I'm going through right now.

This week I've gotten a little behind with May Cause Miracles by Gabby Bernstein. But I'm on week two and it's all about loving your body! I so need this so I'm going to take my time on this one. Today's "Miracle Moment" is: My false perceptions of my body are an attack. Today I choose love instead of my ego's perceptions. So appropriate for me. I have struggled with body image since I was a young girl. As a mom of a young girl, I don't want her to struggle with it. However, the thing is that kids often follow in your footsteps even if you are verbally telling them another thing. They pick up on how you treat yourself and they tend to treat themselves the same way. Here's a little quick vid on Gabby explaining this week's focus:


I also, literally, just started reading Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst. One of my friends, April mentioned she was reading it and blogged about her feelings on it over here. I bought this book last year to read with an online bible study, but I guess I just wasn't ready for it. This year is different though. This year my spirituality is very important to me and so I guess it just now makes since. I read chapter one yesterday and can't wait to continue. It's all about how God created us to crave...BUT to crave Him not food, alcohol, drugs, sex, etc. Only to crave Him. Here's another vid for ya!



What books are you reading right now?!

No comments:

Post a Comment