Emeals Banner

eMeals - Easy Meals for Busy People!

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Day 15 - MCM - Body Image



This week we are working on how we love our body or treat our bodies. I'm going to start blogging my answers to the Evening Exercises as my way of "journaling".

Affirmation: My false perceptions of my body are an attack. Today I choose love instead of my ego's perception.

What are my ego's fearful beliefs about my body?
My ego's fearful beliefs are that my body is and never will be good enough. That I will never be comfortable in my body. It will never be "perfect".

How are my negative thoughts affecting my energy?
My negative thoughts are affecting my energy because the negativity becomes the norm. I don't know what it's like to even just like my body somewhat. I've always had a hate/hate relationship with it. I've always wondered why I wasn't lucky enough to have a cute little figure.

How has my ego made me think my body is special (better than others/separate)?
The only time my ego makes me think my body is better than someone else's is when it sees their flaws. Or if they are bigger than me.

How has my ego convinced me to see other bodies as more special?
My ego convinces me that other ladies have a better body than me by making me envy their bodies. Their bodies are how I want mine to look. So I am constantly setting myself up thinking one day I'll have a body like theirs.

How have my fears from the past created negative body behaviors?
My fears from the past have created negative body behaviors by filling my "voids" with food. I will eat when I'm lonely, when I'm happy, when I'm bored or when I'm simply alone.

In what ways have your ego body perceptions from the past negatively affected your behavior?
The majority of my relationship with food is based on my negative thoughts. Food is my comfort.


No comments:

Post a Comment