Emeals Banner

eMeals - Easy Meals for Busy People!

Saturday, June 23, 2012

It's a HOT one...

I'm writing this blog as I wait for my daughter's next game to start. May I tell you how freakin' hot it is out here. We've been here since 7am and it is now 5:20pm. This is the life of a softball mom! I must tell ya that I wouldn't have it any other way.

This morning I woke up anxiously at 5am to do my Insanity workout and followed it with HIIT 15 from Turbo Fire. It was an intense workout. It's weird, but I've noticed that I burn more calories when I workout after work versus first thing in the morning. Downside is that IF I don't workout first thing then I may or may not get that workout in. And if I don't...then I'll regret it big time.

My eating today has been ok. I had a Vega One protein shake after my workout. For breakfast I made a sandwich with 1 egg, a thin slice of provolone cheese, 3 slices of brown sugar ham lunch meat on 2 slices of light honey wheat bread. Then after our first game I ate 1/2 of a sausage wrap with mustard. For lunch we ate Subway where I got a footlong turkey, bacon & avocado on honey 9-grain bread. I only ate 1/2 the sandwich! I added provolone cheese, spinach, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions and light mayo to it. I then had a banana when we got back to the fields and some strawberries after their game. Then I NEEDED a refreshing pina colada snow cone after their 2:30pm game. I was starving at 6pm so I had a pink lady apple - my fav.

No comments:

Post a Comment