Emeals Banner

eMeals - Easy Meals for Busy People!

Friday, June 1, 2012

New Protein Powders

So I've been checking out different protein powders that are natural. I'm trying to stay away from mainstream powders that use splenda or have a lot of ingredients that I don't know what they do. So I've been researching powders that aren't made with whey protein. All the mainstream powders usually are whey protein.

So I've come across two powders that I really like...Tone It Up's Perfect Fit Protein and Vega Sport's Performance Protein. Both use stevia as the sweetener and come in vanilla flavor. Vega Sport also has a chocolate flavor that I haven't tried out.

Here's a video promoting Perfect Fit Protein. I really like how it comes in individual packets for traveling purposes. Of all the brown rice proteins I've tried, this is the best tasting...SERIOUSLY!


Vega Sport's Performance Protein is delish too! It uses plant-based protein such as pea protein in its formula. I must say for my first taste of plant-based protein...this one is really good.


Now, if you have only been accustomed to whey protein powders, you may need to transition into brown rice or plant-based. They do not tend to have a creamy, sweet texture like whey does.

You may be thinking..."This girl promotes Shakeology and drinks it daily so why does she need a protein powder?!" Well, Shakeology is a meal replacement with protein, veggies, fruits, aminos, super greens, etc. - it is not a means for recovery. Now when I say that, I should clarify that it is not a means of recovery for me...I still prefer an actual protein powder. Vega Sport also has 5,500 mg of BCAAs and 5,000 mg of glutamine per serving. Both needed for muscle recovery. Since I've been drinking the Vega Sport I haven't been as sore as I normally was.

From Perfect Fit's site:

Perfect Fit Protein boasts a complete and balanced amino acid profile, making it a complete protein. Your body needs help synthesizing certain essential amino acids to build and repair tissue, and all 8 of them are naturally occurring components in organic, whole grain, sprouted brown rice.

So what are your favorite protein powders and WHY?!

No comments:

Post a Comment